The focus of the Structured person is on being right and doing the right thing.
The people that you know who are careful, precise & perfectionists … they’re Structured. Someone who has Structure as their high trait “goes by the book” … THEIR BOOK! They can be resistant to change, not because the change isn’t good but because they need some time to be SURE that its good. They need to gather facts and do the research before making a decision. They ask A LOT of questions … they like to check and re-check … they like to be right!
● They HATE to make mistakes
● Naturally good organizers
● Will double check themselves and others
● Good at developing systems
● Like to gather many facts before making decisions
● Do NOT like criticism (proves them wrong) but are often self-critical
● Quality oriented
How to work with the High S Person
● Be detailed with facts in writing.
● Explain WHY.
● Focus on doing the right thing.
● Support their methods.
● Present documented facts.
● Provide opportunity to ask questions and check the facts.
● Act organized and specific.
The Flexible Person
— S Below the Center Line —
● Dislikes details and will delegate them to others.
● Can adjust the rules to reach goals.